Sunday, December 21, 2008

NIGHT OF THE PUGS

These are the results of getting a call from my man Sid (New Yorker cartoonist) re: hanging out at Gleason's Gym on a Saturday night. Sid took pictures, which in retrospect is what I should have done. I'll probably go next time with a flash Holga and some super crazy high speed film. Anyways, we attended a night of boxing- something like forty matches in one night- all of them 3- one minute rounds. As the night moved on, children became teenagers and teens were succeeded by very muscle heavy, tattooed adults. I tried to quickly document some of the inbetween moments, during the breaks when the trainers were giving advice. There were alot of interesting moments there. The only thing I could do was gesture draw as the poses often lasted less than thirty seconds.



No comments: